Article marketing is a website promotion and Internet marketing tool that involves posting articles you have written or that have been written for you on one or more article syndication sites on the Internet. Others may then republish your articles on their website or blog, resulting in spreading the word about the subject matter of your article. When done properly, article marketing can be a highly effective, yet inexpensive means of promoting your home business.
- Provide valuable knowledge. The articles you submit and publish help people solve their problems, learn more, and find the answers to their questions. It doesn't matter what type of business you own, you have knowledge people are looking for.
- Build credibility. When you share your knowledge with people, you help to establish yourself as an expert. The more knowledge and information you provide, the more credibility you have.
- Increase brand awareness. Article directories have a broad reach. You submit your article to them, they publish it online AND your article is available for reprint on blogs and websites around the world. Not to worry, the businesses that use your article keep your contact information, links, and bio 100% intact. Write a good article and it could be published in 500 different website. Each one of these websites has their own target market and group of visitors who will, once they read your article, be aware of you and your business.
- Increase exposure. Advertising and marketing rule of thumb says it takes 3 to 7 exposures for brand recognition. That means if someone sees something related to your business, an article, your logo, an online ad, a few times, then you'll be part of their conscious. Think about how many McDonald's commercials you saw as a child. Whether you like the place or not, it's likely the first thing you think of when someone says fast food. Article marketing helps you reach your customers and potential customers several times.
- Drive traffic to your website. Each article you write will have a bio box. Your bio will include a link to your website. If you include a little teaser at the end of your article then your reader's will click through to your website to learn more about your business and what you have to offer.
- Promote your products or services. Your article can help to promote your products or services. While you will want to make sure the article provides value, no one wants to read a sales pitch, you can throw in a few "suggestions" to promote your business.
- Increase SEO with links. The more people that publish your article, the more links you'll have back to your website. Search engines look for quality links to your website when determining your ranking.
- Earn new customers. Article marketing will give you new customers. Whether your business is brand spanking new or you've been in business for decades, you will gain new customers from article marketing. It's almost guaranteed. Searching for a solution, they'll hop online to do some research, they'll find your article, you'll impress them with your knowledge, they'll click to your website and bam! New customer.
- It is one of the easiest forms of marketing you can do. If you already have content written, article marketing is literally a cut and paste operation.
- It is free. 99% of the article directories are free. A few offer upgrade services that offer a few features you may be interested in. Even if you choose to pay for these features your ROI is going to be very high.
Top SEO Company in India